FOR CEMENT SILOS
Round cartridge filter supplied with 24 m² filtering surface and air jet cleaning system, is designed to be installed on top of the silo as a vent filter. Minimum dimensions and quick opening devices allow full safety and trouble-free maintenance for the operator. A special gasket with a height of 130mm is included for its installation on the roof of the silo.
The filter’s body is made of stainless steel for greater endurance and long-lasting resistance to corrosion. It has a diameter of Ø794mm and a height of 1260mm. The cartridges are made of 100% polyester and are very easily replaced through the openable lid on top of the filter.
The cleaning capability is 1.800 m3/h air. The filtering performance is 99,9% resulting in the reduction of the dust on the exit of the filter to <20mg/m3!
It is also suitable for 2 silos, but they must be joined with an "Λ" shape pipe and have an independent safety valve each.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR PROPER FILTER OPERATION
• Removing moisture from the air used to clean the filter’s cells is crucial for their service life and filter performance. The simple water trap commonly used in the air supply line from the compressor is not as efficient. The best solution is to install an air dryer. However, under no circumstances, the air that goes into the filters should have oil, as the case is when supplying air to the pistons.
• The filter’s cleaning command is given by pressing an external button connected to the built-in electronic filter controller. The controller then automatically and sequentially commands the air-jet electro valves to clean the cartridges.
• The cleaning command must be given a few minutes after the completion of the silo feeding from a cement truck.
• The cartridges, depending on the use and the quality of the air, have an expiration date. As with the car’s filter, they should be checked every six or twelve months and be cleaned externally with compressed air.
• In case the silo is overfilled and cement reaches the filter, the cartridges will not be able to clean it with the automatic cleaning system. In those cases, it is recommended to replace the cartridges.
• To avoid the above phenomenon, it is recommended to install a level indicator on the silo that will trigger an external siren.